The phrase “Italian Villa” conjures
different images among different people. For some, it is a sprawling
estate equipped with the latest luxuries and decorated with lavish
antique furniture. For others, it is a cozy countryside home, run
by a family who treats you like a long-lost relative who has come
over for a much-anticipated visit. Some dream of a secluded escape,
far away from the hustle and bustle of life. Others want convenient
access to nearby amenities, like a golf course or lake, where they
can enjoy hours of outdoor recreation.
So when you look for a perfect Italian villa,
ask yourself what perfect means for you. Here are some
questions to raise with your travel agency, or to use as guideline
when you search the internet for possible accommodations.
1. What kind of ambience am I looking for? Elegant
or cozy, historical or modern?
2. What itinerary do I want to follow? What kind of activities would
I enjoy? Some villas have a full range of facilities, including
spas and swimming pools, others have convenient access to golf courses,
others organise horse riding treks around the countryside.
3. Will I be bringing small children? Do I need family-friendly
facilities and interiors? Some villas offer not just maid and butler
services, but babysitting services.
4. What region of Italy do I want to visit? What tourist sites do
I want to see while I’m staying in the villa?
5. What is my budget? How much am I willing to spend on accommodations?